There’s more to love about Moomba this March with five days of free, family fun and entertainment.
The banks of the Yarra River – Birrarung will be buzzing with Moomba magic from 9 to 13 March.
There are loads of fun, free activities to keep the whole family entertained – from epic skate park competitions and water sports to face-painting, crafts, dance workshops, Design-a-Float, kid’s yoga and loads more.
So whether you’re a daredevil bursting for a ride fix, a food-truck-loving-foodie, or looking to get your dance groove on to some awesome beats, Moomba has something for everyone.
Enjoy event favourites such as the beloved Birdman Rally on Sunday 12 March, where courageous competitors don inventive homemade flying devices to hurtle themselves over the Yarra River – Birrarung for a good cause.
Don’t miss the iconic Moomba Parade on Monday 13 March, with five new floats and puppets joining the fun alongside Moomba Monarchs Rob Mills and Rhonda Burchmore, and more than 1,800 performers from cultural groups, dance troupes, marching bands and more.
And to cap off a big day at Moomba, relax by the Yarra River – Birrarung as nightly fireworks light up the Melbourne skyline, as well as nightly feature films on the Moomba big screen.
Other highlights of the program include:
- The Moomba Masters water sports competition, showcasing elite Australian and international athletes
- Rides and games for thrill-seekers of all ages at the Moomba Carnival
- More than 60 performers and entertainers, from acrobats to dancers, musicians, actors, roving performers, and more
- Interactive activities and play zones, with crafts, face painting, workshops and a Bluey Live experience.
- Exhilarating scooting, skating and riding across a bustling Moomba Skate Park Program.
- Food and drinks galore, with more than 25 food truck offerings featuring cuisines from around the world.
Moomba is Australia’s largest free community festival and is proudly owned and delivered by the City of Melbourne.
It is an accessible and certified carbon-neutral event.